What to include
If transcode crashes--for example, if it gives a "Segmentation fault" error--then, in addition to following the reporting procedures in Reporting Problems
, you must
include a backtrace from GDB (the GNU debugger) by following these steps:
- Download the latest version of transcode from CVS (see the Download section).
- Recompile transcode for debugging (see the INSTALL file for details).
- Install the debugging version.
- Start transcode from within GDB like this: (make certain you include the -q 2)
$ gdb -q transcode
(gdb) run <transcode command line options> -q 2
- When GDB stops, type these commands:
(gdb) bt full
(gdb) disass $pc-32 $pc+32
- Include the entire output of transcode and GDB, from the "gdb transcode" line on down, including everything you typed.
If you do not follow these procedures exactly, we cannot help you!