Examples of DVD to xvid4
- The reason to use a separate work directory here is that xvid4 creates a
- file called "divx4.log" in the current working directory, so otherwise it
- would become overwritten if multiple instances of this script were to run:
export RESIZE="-B 12,10,8"
export BITRATE="-w 1500,250,100"
- bitrate 1500.
- If you see thin horizontal lines on fast motion, you need to deinterlace:
- export DEINTERLACE="-I 3"
- If you want to keep the original AC3 soundtrack rather than encode it to mp3,
- e.g. if you are using an external "receiver", use this:
- export AC3PASSTHRU="-A -N 0x2000"
transcode -i $IN -M 2 $BITRATE $DEINTERLACE -a 0 -b 128,0,0 $AC3PASSTHRU -V -f 25 $RESIZE -R 1 -x vob,null -o /dev/null -y xvid4
- Invoke transcode. Use "-M 2" to keep audio in sync.
- First pass:
transcode -i $IN -M 2 $BITRATE $DEINTERLACE -a 0 -b 128,0,0 $AC3PASSTHRU -V -f 25 $RESIZE -R 2 -x vob -o $OUT -y xvid4
- Second pass: