| Video || Audio || RGB || YUV || YUV422 || multiple instances || processing type || frames needed |
| yes || no || no || yes || no || yes || PRE/POST || 1 |
This module is an interface to FFmpeg's libpostproc.
It is very similar to MPlayer's pp filter.
Most of transcode's filters do one, or perhaps a few similar things, while pp is a collection of different filters.
This module enables filters when they are listed as parameters, and at least one must be used.
This module allows two different syntaxes for it's parameters.
It understands both transcode's 'filter=option=value:option:option=value:value' form
as well as MPlayer's 'filter=option:value/option/option:value:value form.
But be careful not two mix the two forms!
Default values are shown in [green] in square brackets.
- for all the following filters, there are three suboptions.
- a cpu power dependant enabler
- c chrominace filtering enabled
- c chrominace filtering disabled
hb horizontal deblocking filter (0-255:0-255) [46:40]
vb vertical deblocking filter (0-255:0-255) [46:40]
- for both hb and vb, the two values are first the difference factor and second the flatness factor.
- a higher difference factor results in more deblocking and
- a lower flatness factor results in more deblocking
h1 experimental h deblocking filter 1
v1 experimental v deblocking filter 1
dr deringing filter
al automatic brightness / contrast
f stretch luminace to 0..255
lb linear blend deinterlacer
li line interpolating deinterlacer
ci cubic interpolating deinterlacer
md median deinterlacer
de default preset filters (hb:a/vb:a/dr:a/al)
fa fast preset finters (h1:a/v1:a/dr:a/al)
tn temporal denoise reducer (0-700:0-1500:0-3000) [64:128:256]
fq force quantizer (0-255) 
pre run as pre filter
- Using the default filters
- this will turn on automatic brightness / contrast correction, as well as the vertical deblocking, vertical deblocking and deringing filters with their default values, as long as there is sufficient CPU power available.
- Using the vertical and horizontal deblock filters aggressively
- this will turn on the vertical and horizontal deblocking filters with high deblocking values regardless of how much CPU power is available.
Michael Niedermayer, Gerhard Monzel